Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Second Life Interview

The interview conducted in second life was very helpful. I am going on several interviews for internships during spring break (in about a week), so, although my interviews will be face-to-face, it was still good practice for responding quickly to questions.
One challenge I faced was that I was trying to come up with responses quickly and type them fast, and at one point I noticed a typo, which would not have happened in real life because I would have been speaking. Doing an interview in second life was definitely a lot less pressure because having to type a response gave a little extra time to think about what you wanted to say. Obviously, I also didn’t have to get ready, at least physically for the interview, which made it easier.
The interview made me realize that I still need to practice on responding to questions quickly, as when I go on my real life interviews I won’t have as much time to think. At the end of the interview, I tried to quickly think of a question to ask the interviewer because I think that shows interest in the job.

No comments: